Start Date: Sunday, 13 June 2021
Start Time: 9:30 AM
Finish Time: 12:30 AM
Location: 870 Iandra Road, Greenethorpe NSW 2810
Contact: Rod and Bev Kershaw - 02 6383 9241
Iandra Castle is a large homestead near the village of Greenethorpe, about a 30 minute drive from Grenfell. Iandra Castle was built between 1908 and 1910 in the Federation Romanesque style by the pioneering engineer Edward Giles Stone. The homestead, with the surrounding agricultural property is a rare example in Australia of the manorial system.
The dwelling along with the surrounding stables, church and residences were listed on the New South Wales State Heritage Register in 2005.
Iandra Castle Open House (previously known as Iandra Castle Open Day) is a great opportunity to explore the homestead, stables and surrounding gardens (self guided). Iandra Castle opens its doors to the public a number of times throughout the year.
BOOKINGS NOW REQUIRED. Bookings online only through trybooking: BOOK HERE
Iandra Castle Open House entry is $20 adults, $10 school aged children, under 5 free.
More information about Iandra Castle Open House:
- No refreshments available at this stage.
- Visitors to follow NSW Health Covid Guidelines.
- Bring your ticket (paper or electronic) for entry.
- Parking is onsite - drive in through the main gate and you will be shown where to park.
- Iandra Castle will also open for groups and coach tours on request.
- Future dates will be posted on their website.
More information about Iandra Castle can be found on their website.