The Grenfell Gold Fest is back this year
and promises to be an hands on and entertaining day for locals and visitors alike!
This year, the Grenfell Gold Fest will be held on Saturday the 27th September.
The upper end of Main St will be closed during the day with re-enactments and artefact displays. The Grenfell Gold Fest is a "Gold Trails" Event.
Please check back here regularly as this page will be continuously updated over the weeks leading up to the Grenfell Gold Fest.
- Live music by "Threefold Arts"
- Millinery, Hand Spinning, Lace Making and Blacksmithing Demonstrations
- Vintage car and machinery display
- Period Costume Competition with prizes up for grabs for best dressed.
- Bushranger Artifact Display
- FREE guided walk - 'Scandle and Seduction'
- Gold Panning
- Historic talks by Peter Bradley - "Oral history and the bushrangers" and "There are no absolutes in history"
- Historic talks by Craig Bratby - "John Vane's Weddin connection" and "Return to 1863 through images"
- Grenfell Art Gallery exhibition - 'Holtermann Collection'
- Saddler display by Bede Aldridge
- Reenactments - "How Grenfell Got Its Name" and "Shootout at Brewer's Shanty"
- Market Stalls
- Damper Bake Off
- Iandra Castle will be open on the Sunday from 10am until 4pm.
Reenactment by the Gold Trails Reenactment Group
For full details of other events in the Weddin Shire being held see the events page.